Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Continuing with my Model A

So we will continue on with the hot rod transformation of my Model A. From factory the car was only equipped with one tail/brake light on the driver's side of the left rear fender. With the fenders removed I needed to put the tail light somewhere. I decided to make a mount to go where the original spare tire holder was on the rear of the car.
Starting with a flat peice of 22 gauge steel, I shaped it in the same triangular shape as the spare tire bracket. I welded a stud to the inside of the top mount and the bottom was bolted up using the factory bolts. Once I was happy with the fit, I cut the old tail light bracket and welded it to my new bracket. I still have the factory single tail light but it looks much better and covers where the spare tire bracket was that did not have great paint under it anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment